About Me

My photo
I am a snoop and I like to dance.

Blog Archive

Friday, August 24, 2012

Jim Henson is my hero.

Everyone has their hero. Whether its an athlete, author, politician, actor and so on. Mine personally is Jim Henson. I have always loved The Muppets since I was a child which also led into his other full length films. I remember my first crush was David Bowie circa Labyrinth(along with tons of other girls). Jim Henson was a visionary and had a childlike optimism that society no longer has. He believed the child in us brought out the most creative and inspiring ideas to lead us in life. How many of us grew up on Kermit the frog's positive look on life? Or tried to imitate Swedish Chef's accent or even cooking? Or even try to become scientist like Dr Honeydew? Jim had a way of instilling positive views into children and adults alike. I could spend hours listening to Fozzie bears silly jokes. While we all are trying to really find out what Gonzo is. Some of us even strive to find a love as strong as Miss Piggy and Kermit.

I live by some of Jim's quotes until this day and will always remember the impact he has had in my life. Not only by being an amazing puppeteer but also for being an amazing human. So its time to play the music, it's time to light the lights, its time to meet the Muppets on The Muppet Show tonight!

"Life is a movie, write your own ending" -Jim Henson (1936-1990)

No comments:

Post a Comment