About Me

My photo
I am a snoop and I like to dance.

Blog Archive

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fantasy football craze!!!!!!

My fantasy football league has completed its draft and I figured I should express my love for football. I was raised on football and hated it as a kid but once I hit my teen years I was obsessed. Naturally I followed in my father's footsteps and became a dedicated fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers. In case any of you don't know who they are here is all you need to know. They have 6 Superbowl rings and no other team does. You get hated on a lot when you are a Steelers fan based on the fact that they are so good(or because some people think our QB is a rapist). Regardless of the hate I stand by the GOLD and black.

Anyways....3 years ago my best friend (aka biffz) got me into his fantasy league. I went into this with no idea as to what I was doing but with some coaching I got the hang of it. You pick players and they put up points for you based on what they played in the game....easy enough, right? Well not so much, FF is a lot of strategic moves and changes. You have to always be up to date on your players status and know about your opponents team as well. After my first year I came in 3rd place which made me sad but proud at the same time. I really thought I was going end up at the bottom and my team would suck a bag of dicks. The awesome thing about FF is you never know what will happen. One week your team will be a trainwreck and the next its a dream team. Fast forward to 2011 and I'm back in the draft again. I felt confident but not super thrilled. Somehow the football gods blessed me with the amazing duo of Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski. They took it home for me and I won! Out of all these dudes the one girl took it and I was ready to brag! It was a great year and I loved kicking ass.

Now the new fantasy season is upon us and I'm indifferent to my team(I attached a picture for reference). I made some risky picks but no risk no reward. I just hope these fellas step it up and play great games not just for me but all the people who drafted them.

To all those fantasy players out there, good luck and thank God football is back!


No comments:

Post a Comment