About Me

My photo
I am a snoop and I like to dance.

Blog Archive

Saturday, October 13, 2012

I keep reading female humor books.

Blogging has been a real thorn in my side lately. I think its due to the fact that I have been reading some amazing books by hilarious women. First it started with Jenny Lawson who had a very unconventional life and had many hilarious stories from her childhood up to adulthood. I did a review on this book and honestly it inspired me to start blogging again. After Mrs. Lawsons book  I moved onto Tina Fey's Bossypants. For everyone who has read this boom they know how funny and inspiring it is. I pretty much worship Tina Fey for so many reasons so this book was like taking a peek into her life. I have a handful of friends who love her and love this book equally as much. After Bossypants I moved onto a collection of essays by Sara Barron called People Are Unappealing (including me). This book was probably the best one I have read as far as humor goes. I normally do not laugh out loud when it comes to film or books but I cracked up reading this book. One part actually had me in tears. I highly recommend that book to everyone, men and women across the board. Lastly, I finished Mindy Kaling's book Why Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? and enjoyed that one as well. She is a clever and uplifting writer. She has a lot of good advice for women in that book and made me really value my friendships I have.

So after reading 4 books by amazing women it is obviously intimidating to try and be funny or even entertaining whether its writing, blogging or even talking to people. I try to take inspiration and advice from these books to motivate me. I havent been doing much with my life and reading lifes curveballs makes me feel like I can do better things with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment