About Me

My photo
I am a snoop and I like to dance.

Blog Archive

Monday, August 6, 2012

Bye NW :(


Well it has been a great 3 weeks but it is time for me to head back to San Diego. I have enjoyed my stay with my family and my sick pups. I wish I could just transfer my social life to Portland and live happily ever after. Except that is not possible what so ever. I am sure within a few months I will be planning my next trip. Tim and I are thinking Christmas time, which would be awesome! It has been a great summer here. Clear skies, hot days and cool nights. Everything about the NW makes me feel like I am on cloud 9 but San Diego does hold some special people down there. I am really excited to see my best gal pal Jill, my wonderful sidekick Eric and of course my other half Tim. I miss these people so but family always comes first. I will miss my parents dearly and knowing me so well once the plane takes off I will get teary eyed and think about how I need to move here. I want to move here within 5 years MAX! I wont have a child until I move here and I wont buy a house unless I live here as well. There are so many reasons to visit PDX and I think everyone should come here at least once in their lifetime. Here are some reason you should visit:

-Great outdoor! Hiking, water falls, so many parks, trees all around....nature in general.
-Food! The food seems endless here. I used to think I tried a good amount of places but I am not even close.
-Food carts! There are roughly 700 food carts scattered throughout Portland. 
-Beer! Portland was just named the beer capital of the US. Talk about keeping Portland beered.
-No sales tax! I mean, thats just awesome.
-Amazing coffee! Seriously, forget Seattle. Portland has some mean beans.
-Fantastic people! It never fails to surprise me as to how friendly people are here. Sure you encounter some jerks but the nice people make you feel like you are really someone special.

The list can go on and on. Mainly its just all around a great city and I think anyone will enjoy it. I am so sad to go but I know I will be embracing the ol' stumptown soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment