About Me

My photo
I am a snoop and I like to dance.

Blog Archive

Thursday, January 10, 2013

My move to Oregon and all the things that happened in between.


As many of you know, I moved to Portland about a month ago. I figured since I mainly only update while I am in Portland, I will try to make a frequent habit of it. The 3 weeks leading up to the big move consisted of lots and lots of packing, much needed time with friends and getting all the loving from my hubby. In case you were wondering we are doing the long distance thing again. It has been a month so far and hasn’t been the easiest transition. 

Anyways, I spent much time with some girlfriends including my other half Jill. Jill happened to have a major life event that had her move back to Texas two days before I moved. It was bittersweet because I know she will be happy back in Texas but I miss her dearly. Jill and I grew very close the short time we knew each other. I mean seriously, she is like the other half to me. You know those necklaces that are broken up hearts that say best friends forever. Well I considered her my BFF necklace. I chat with her almost daily about TV, movies, Leo and our transitions into the new lives. Jill time is missed oh so much but I am glad we are both in positive places and only see great things coming her way.

On top of Jill, I got to see so many of my dear friends. You all know who you are and know that I miss you all so much. It has been kinda lonely since I can’t call up anyone and hang out. I pretty much have my cousins, parents and dog. Which I do not mind but I wish I could go to Cheba Hut with my biffz, see a movie with Taylor, get endless amounts of coffee with Kristine, eat pancakes with Zeli or go to Disneyland with Randee. It is sad at times but I know they are happy for me deep down inside. 

Oh and my dear friends Sarah and Richard had their beautiful baby girl named Neve. I was so glad to see that precious baby. She is going to be a wonderful mother and I am so happy for her. It brings a tear to my eye because I know how much this girl will love her endlessly. Congrats for the million time. I love your family so much!

Now onto my husband....

Tim is the greatest man on earth. I don’t know how I got so lucky but I am not even going to question it. Haha. I miss him each day. I have probably cried at least 3 times a week because he is my best friends. Life is very hard without him. I guess I thought long distance would be easy since we did it before but it is not. Our one year anniversary is coming up and he is going to be up here in 8 days! These 8 days will be hard but I know our time together will be that much more meaningful. Point blank, I love this man and can’t imagine my world without him.

Soooo....now the move. My dad flew down here to drive with me. We managed to do it all one shot. No overnights and only pit stops for bathroom breaks/food. My dad is a great road trip partner because he can always keep the conversation going and because I love him so much. We got home about 3 am and crashed. I got all my unpacking done for the most part within the first few days, got my license and scored a job at the Oregon Humane Society(!!!!).

So here I am sitting the the Sniff cafe waiting for Ali to finish his bath. I think back to all the good times in San Diego and miss elements of it but I am really happy here. My life is going to be a roller coaster for a while but I am ready for my new adventure and couldn't be more excited/scared. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment